[mythtv-users] re: OpenGLVideoSync: Bad Context for Vsync

Richard Reiner rreiner3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 20:11:54 UTC 2005

Well, I'm pretty much certain that my xorg.conf is correct wrt nVidia
OpenGL.  My xorg.conf is not identical to Jarod's, but I am loading
exactly the same set of modules in the Modules section, and my Device
section is pretty much identical.

Additionally, glxinfo reports that it is the nvidia OpenGL libs that
are in use:

$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.3
server glx extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.3
client glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info,

    GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
    GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_NV_video_out, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
    GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_NV_float_buffer
GLX extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce4 MX 4000/PCI/SSE
OpenGL version string: 1.5.3 NVIDIA 71.74

I wonder whether there might be something in nvidia-settings that is
different between those systems where this works and those where it
doesn't.  Either that, or (since some ppl have said that rebuilding
from SRPMs resolved the problem) there is a problem with the AT
packages.

Richard