[mythtv-users] Scheduler problems

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 08:23:18 UTC 2005

On 6/9/05, Ant Daniel <antdaniel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some problems with the Scheduler, I have tried to solve
> myself and search around but I can't find any solution.
>
> For certain shows that I have been watching for a long time, it try's
> to record all occurances of the program, including duplicate showings.
> If I select a brand new show It does what I expect (schedule just one
> of the various viewings).
>
> I suspect that this is to do with the fact that when I first used this
> system I used the old Radio Times grabber, this didn't have any
> discriptions/subtitles. I have gone through the oldrecorded tables and
> removed everything with a blank description (DELETE FROM oldrecorded
> WHERE description = "";).
>
> This hasn't helped. Can anyone suggest anything else I could try, (I
> don't really want to wipe my database and start again, but I will if I
> have to).

Ant,

What grabber are you using now, and what is your matching criteria for
those shows still causing problems? It is possible to just remove
those particular program entries from oldrecorded without affecting
the other programs in the database. After removing those entries
without descriptions, did you notice any change at all in the the
programs matched? If you are using the new RT grabber you should have
better success (at least I've found it to be quite consistent in terms
of titles and descriptions).

As you seem comfortable working in the DB, I would look at an uncoming
program that you have previously recorded (but which is due to be
recorded again) and see if you can spot why it is not being flagged by
the chosen matching mechanism (slightly different title text, amended
description etc).

Nick