[mythtv-users] What to use for dvb-path and a dvb-apps question

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:54:20 UTC 2005

In mythtv-setup, I tried to add an HD-3000 card as a
Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) device.  In the center
of the screen was a line telling me to recompile with
DVB support.

Yesterday, when I compiled mythtv (0.18.20050523-1)
I noticed that  make --help  showed  --dvb-path.  So, I
Googled around, but didn't find a solid answer, and left
out both --enable-dvb  AND --dvb-path.  Bad idea.

So, now I must recompile mythtv, but what is the value
to use for --dvb-path ?  I should also ask about where
and how to get/install dvb-apps, assuming I can figure
out what to use for dvb-path.

The kernel is 2.6.12-rc6, with all the Video Adapters
compiled as modules, including CX88_DVB.
There is also a PVR-350 card installed and working,
using ivtv-0.3.6e.

If you are using a 2.6.12 kernel and have compiled
mythtv with DVB support, would you post what you
used for dvb-path ?

Thanks,

--
MM