[mythtv-users] What to use for dvb-path and a dvb-apps question

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 16:15:07 UTC 2005

On 6/9/05, Bruce Pennypacker <bruce at pennypacker.org> wrote:
> And you can get dvb-apps from http://www.linuxtv.org.  Don't just
> download the tarball in the downloads directory however.  Make sure you
> get the dvb-apps tree from CVS, as that's much more up-to-date.

Bruce, thank you very much!  It is kind of confusing to read all the
messages with conflicting statments.  Some say that CVS won't
compile, while others say that RPM packages are broken.

Your advice makes me feel that I'll get the HD-3000 working.

My other problem (dvb-path) is solved.  I misunderstood the
output from ./configure --help, thinking that the file in brackets
was NOT to be used.  That file, frontend.h, in fact IS THE FILE
to be used.  All that was needed to include DVB support is --enable-dvb.

--
MM