[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD-3000 2.0 Drivers

Blair Preston bpreston at collabras.com
Thu Jun 9 18:15:58 UTC 2005

I've recently been experimenting on a second box with upgrading my MythTV rig
(OTA HDTV - ATSC) to kernel 2.6.11 with pcHDTV 2.0 Drivers.  The bottom line
here is that the pcHDTV 2.0 driver apear to be working fine, though they use
/dev/video2 and /dev/video3 instead of the /dev/video32 and /dev/video33 that
they used to.  To test the HD-3000 functionality I simply used the commands

dtvsignal /dev/video2 17    ;to set the HD-3000 to ATSC HD Channel 17

  and then,

mplayer /dev/video2         ; to actually view the station the previous
command set

this works and I get a GREAT picture.

When I try to configure myth to these video inputs I get;

ERROR: no inputs found

anyone have any ideas?

-Blair