[mythtv-users] Controlling Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3200

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Thu Jun 9 21:04:39 UTC 2005

Is anyone having success controlling the SAE3200 (Rogers Cable) with an IR
blaster?  I'm using the SAE2000 licd.conf file and my streamzap IR receiver
seems to recognize button pushes from the remote when I run irw.  The IR
blaster I have is also working as when I use irsend to send the signals my
streamzap receiver lights up which means the signals are being sent out and
I've also sent out streamzap signals to control mythtv and that works fine.
However, when I put the end of the blaster over the cable box and send signals
I'm getting no response from the cable box.  My guess is that the IR blaster's
signal isn't strong enough for the cable box to receive it?  Is that possible?
Does anyone have this setup working?

Help appreciated,

Derek