[mythtv-users] Considering MythTV, curious about relative WAF.

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Fri Jun 10 00:19:35 UTC 2005

Our household is currently all DirecTivos (2 series 1, 1 HDTivo).

My wife LOVES her/our tivos.  (As do I)

Unfortunately, DirecTV ticked me off recently with the NFL Sunday Ticket
pricing, and I've always loved the convergence possiblities (realities?)
of MythTV, so I'm thinking of using it as an opportunity to bring in MythTV.

Once MythTV is working, is it as stable as the tivos?  Is it as
trustworthy as the tivos?  I haven't had a chance to play with it yet,
is it as easy to use as the tivos?  I know it can do things that the
tivos can't, but I'm not sure my wife will be interested in those things.

Anyone with experience using both directivos and MythTV please chime
in.  I really,really,REALLY don't want to lose the WAF of the Tivos.

Thanks,

David.