[mythtv-users] Re: Remote Problem: Need for modifying settings.pro to enable lirc support

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 10 04:47:38 UTC 2005

CTD wrote:

>> ctd at minneapolish3.com wrote:
>>
>> >In general I am trying to get my PVR-350 remote to work and have
>> pieced together
>> >info from the mythtv doc and the http://wilsonet.com/mythtv doc.
>> >
>> >Current system state:
>> >After a system startup, irw works correctly so I know that my
>> remote, VPR-350
>> >card, and lircd are working. But the remote does not work in mythtv.
>> My current
>> >line of attack is to ensure that I have my mythtv compiled to
>> support lirc.

>> >Looking at the outoup of running "configure -h", I do not see how
>> one enables
>> >this support.
>> >

>> Automatically used if LIRC is detected. How about posting the output of
>> your real configure run so we can see why (if) it's not detected.
>
> I reran the configure script, and my output can is:

> lirc support     yes

This means that MythTV has support, so it must be a configuration problem.

Make sure:
    a) You have the file ~/.mythtv/lircrc in the home directory of the
user running mythfrontend
    b) You start lircd before starting mythfrontend
    c) Your lircrc uses the button names that match the codes defined in
/etc/lircd.conf
    d) Your lircrc specifies a program of mythtv

Mike