[mythtv-users] Pentium M

4of11 at comcast.net 4of11 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 12:58:38 UTC 2005

Does anybody have any experience with Pentium M processors?  I'm thinking about getting an M based computer to use as a diskless combination slave-backend/frontend.  Any ideas as to how many Mhz I'll need to accomplish this with SD MPEG4 software encoding?  I understand that the M is more powerful per Mhz than the Pentium 4, but I'm not sure how much so.  Also, while I don't have any HD stuff now, I'd like to make sure it's future compatible, so how much power would I need to decode one 1080i HD stream?