[mythtv-users] Myth, IRBlaster, FC3 and a single instance of LIRC?

Pete Stagman tyrstag at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:27:35 UTC 2005

Claude et al,
 You might think I'm not impartial (since I'm the person who came up with
those steps) but I've used those instructions literally dozens of times on
my own myth boxes and many times on other peoples.
There are many things that can give you that error.
 Have you looked at the troubleshooting section of
lircsetup.com<http://lircsetup.com/>
?
http://www.lircsetup.com/lirc/trouble/index.php
 Make sure you have the correct kernel modules installed.
That how-to is a few months old, the versions have changed. Are you using
the latest version?
Make sure you are using the com port that lirc thinks you are.
Make sure you are sending blaster commands to the correct port.
Make sure the sockets are being created.
 If you need some help figuring out what's wrong, send me your config files
and I'll take a look.
 modprobe.conf
lircd.conf
channel change script
relevant lines in rc.local if your using it
  Good luck,
--Pete