[mythtv-users] Mythstream Tips Tricks

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 10 15:27:38 UTC 2005

Phill Edwards wrote:

>>Mythstream is an awesome addon.  Here is my post at
>>knoppmyth for finding streams:
>>http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2832&highlight=
>>

>Does anyone have a streams.res with some good working content that
>they'd be prepared to share?

Sorry.  Mine is in the database (and I only really have one station in
there, so it's not a very good example).  However, the "default"
streams.res is at (assuming you installed in /usr/local):

/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythstream/streams.res

>I'm finding it a bit of a nightmare
>trying to get some working streams.

I highly recommend just putting a direct link in there.  It seems that
MythStream has some problems recognizing the handlers (i.e. icecast.pl,
shoutcast.pl, etc.).  I have MythStream and StreamTuned installed, and
when I run StreamTuned attached to my database storage, it uses the
handler without any problems.  When I run MythStream attached to the
exact same database storage, it doesn't run the handler, but uses a
generic "HTML" handler and just spits out every single link in the page
(so I have to skip over 20 or so links to find the one I need).

For example, I recommend going to SHOUTcast and finding a radio station
you'd be interested in hearing.  Then, right-click on the "Tune In"
button and copy the link location.  Paste that URL (the one ending with
"playlist.pls") as the URL for your stream.

HTH.

Mike