[mythtv-users] OSD reports incorrect position and time; other problems

John Stubbs john_stubbs at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:30:15 UTC 2005

Hi All,
   I'm having multiple annoying issues with my mythtv setup, which is 0.18
running on Fedora Core 3:

-for some recorded shows, when playing back the recording, the length of the
show on the OSD (as shown when 'pause' is hit, for example) is incorrect,
that is, for a 30 minute show, it only shows 10:50 instead of 30:00 when
there really is 30 minutes recorded- you can let it play through, and it
will play for 30 minutes.

-when the above behavior occurs, attempting to skip ahead or jump ahead
beyond the time given by the OSD, playback will freeze up and only escaping
out of play back will work.

-finally, for some recorded shows, when playing back skip ahead will always
jump to the same point, that's too far, i.e. if it's set to skip 30 seconds,
it will first skip to say 3:34, then behave normally.

I don't know much about mysql but I ran the suggested test for a corrupt
database (mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -p<password> mythconverg) and everything
came back ok.

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, so I'm wondering, any ideas?

TIA

John Stubbs