[mythtv-users] Really Bad performance

Cyber Source peter at cybersource.us
Fri Jun 10 18:36:07 UTC 2005

I took all the same hardware and just changed the mb and the cpu, from
asus mb with 850mhz to gigabyte with 2400+ xp cpu, same everything else
and the problem went away, and the new system had more ram, 512 vs 384.
So I guess I didn't have enough cpu.

Jim Turpin wrote:

>In my experience a hard drive making a "crunching" noise as you put it
>typically a bad thing....I'd look at your drives and make sure they aren't
>hosed...or nearing the hosed stage

cybersource.us
                         115 Richfield Road
               Williamsville, New York 14221