[mythtv-users] Considering MythTV, curious about relative WAF.

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 21:57:23 UTC 2005

On 6/10/05, Daniel Segel <mythtv at archer-segel.com> wrote:
> James Alexander wrote:
>
> >I concur with what has already been said. I don't own, nor have I ever
> >had a DirectTV Tivo but my cousin has (you may also have a different
> >version, provider, etc. so this may not be true in your case) but he
> >said that he couldn't watch a recorded program and record a new
> >recording at the same time. This is something that I do constantly
> >with mythtv.
> >

> Your cousin is doing something wrong. You can record a new program and
> watch a pre-recorded one on *any* TiVo; a DirecTiVo allows you to watch
> one recorded program and record *two* new ones at the same time.

[snip]

Thanks for the update on the TiVo/DirecTiVo capabilities. Do they make
one that will allow you to record 4 simultaneous programs while
watching a prerecorded one? Or watch live TV while recording 3 other
programs? My Mythbox has this feature. In fact, I bet I could add
another PVR-500 capture card and get 6 tuners working, although after
that I would be out of PCI slots, not to mention I would need to add
quite a bit of new hdd space.
--Garry