[mythtv-users] Preferred Infrared keyboard for training?

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 23:12:55 UTC 2005

On 6/10/05, Grant McChesney <grantmc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for the preferred IR keyboard to train against a universal
> remote.  I have the BTC RF keyboard (and it's great), but it can't be
> learned.
>
> The Lite-on Airboard looked good for this, but it is discontinued.
> Anyone have any recommendations for the best + reasonably priced IR
> keyboard for training? TIA.

Learning remotes can't learn more than a handful of keys before their
memory fills.  Instead you should plan on programming a JP1 remote.
You can find out more about these at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/.  There is a special topic for
keyboards.

If I were inclined to self promotion I would suggest checking out my
website for both an infrared keyboard and pre-programmed remote for
mythtv.  But I'm not so I won't.

--
Tim
www.magicitx.com