[mythtv-users] HD-3000 firmware upload

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Jun 11 22:11:39 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 15:26 -0500, Mercury Morris wrote:

>   As root,  modprobe cx88-dvb

When I did download and install drivers, the following lines got added
to my /etc/modprobe.conf file:

alias char-major-81 cx88-blackbird
install cx88-atsc /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
cx88-atsc
install cx88-dvb /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
cx88-dvb
install btcx-risc /sbin/modprobe tuner;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
btcx-risc

Something similar would probably take care of the module loading at boot
time. My guess is, you don't need all of those lines and neither do I,
but that's what's in my file and I don't have to worry about manually

I don't even have an 'azap' program on my system, and the pcHDTV-3000
card works fine (although I am only using it now for analog cable).

--Greg