[mythtv-users] Recommendations: Case/Motherboard

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 23:30:43 UTC 2005

I awoke this morning to find my Dell FE/BE DOA. I've narrowed it down
to either the motherboard or CPU, most likely the former. I've been
considering purchasing a new MB and making a swap, but my wife
mentioned the other day that she's not too pleased with the PC tower
on the floor beside the TV. So, I'm thinking about possibly putting it
back together in a new case, one that looks more like something that
would fit in an A/V rack.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I don't mind if it
is tall, 5, 6 or 7 inches, as there is plenty of room in my TV
cabinet. I could get the dremel out if necessary, but if I can find a
case/MB with three PCI slots and an AGP that will fit full size cards,
I'll be happy. I might like to play around with the LCD options that
are now built into MythTV as well.

On board audio is good, otherwise I'll need another slot and
recommendations on sound cards as well.

If you have suggestions on sites to figure this stuff out on my own,
please send those along too. I don't mind doing my own research, but
it's been a few years since I've built a box from the ground up, and I
just don't know where to start right now.

Thanx!

--Garry