[mythtv-users] suggestions for IR receiver

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 00:32:43 UTC 2005

On 6/11/05, Robin Smith <1canuck2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a good receiver only device available anywhere? USB input
> would be ideal. I already have a remote, I just want the receiver,
> ideally with native lirc support.
>
> I assume this is what Mike was looking for too...
>
> On 6/11/05, Tu Holmes <tu.holmes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use the streamzap... available at thinkgeek.com and it works
> > natively with lirc these days.
> >
> > -Tu

Is the StreamZap IR receiver supported by lirc? That would be cool. I
thought from reading the lirc FAQ that USB IR receivers were not
supported?

http://www.lirc.org/faq.html

#1  Is my USB IrDA dongle supported by LIRC?

No, it's technically not possible to use USB IrDA dongles with LIRC.

In a related question I have a Logitech IR receiver that goes with my
wireless keyboard. Can a single receiver like that work for both a
remote and a keyboard at the same time?

Thanks,
Mark