[mythtv-users] Recommendations: Case/Motherboard

Evil Barney evilbarney at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 01:11:37 UTC 2005

I just bought this one for my front end, it got the wife vote.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119070

its very quiet, and looks nice.  the loudest thing in that system is
the video card fan.  I spent a few more bucks on a quality CPU fan, it
was worth it.

as for MB/CPU, there are always deals.  I just bought a P4 3.2 HT and
MB with onboard audio/nic for $260 at frys.  I'm sure there are
cheeper deals if you look. if you go hyper thread, it give you a
foundation for HD tv, but you will have to mess with your kernal to
get the benefits (switch kermal to SMP)

-EB