[mythtv-users] suggestions for IR receiver

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 01:15:03 UTC 2005

On 6/11/05, Paul Harvey <paul.l.harvey at gmail.com> wrote:
> It isn't a IrDA dongle....it is an IR receiver.  When I set it up a
> while ago it required the latest version of LIRC, but did work.

Paul,
   Thanks. So I'll order a StreamZap this evening and try it out next
week when it arrives. I've not found anywhere to purchase it locally
in San Jose although I'm sure someone must sell them. Guess I'll go
Amazon for now.

   So there's a difference between an 'IrDA dongle' and an 'IR
receiver'? I know absolutely nothing of this technology.

Thanks,
Mark