[mythtv-users] can't enter edit mode

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 12 12:08:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 07:19:17AM -0400, Eugene wrote:
> I am having a really bizzarre problem with mythtv. When I watch a
> recording and try to enter the edit mode by pressing e, nothing
> happens. Nothing. This used to work perfectly.
>
> Also, (this may be related) when I use a 30 sec skip or 10 min jump,
> it scrolls very very slow. You can actually see it count up the
> timer. Again, this used to work -- previously it would jump to the
> new position immediately.
>
> I thought I broke something, so I reinstalled the OS, drivers, and
> mythtv, but the problem persists. I've attached the console output
> from mythfrontend while doing the following:
>
> - start mythfrontend
> - play a recording
> - try to edit it
> - exit
>
> Here are my specs:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 2400+
> VIA KT266a mobo
> Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 LE
> Hauppauge PVR-250
> on-board sound
> 200GB HD
>
> running Debian Testing (3.1)
> kernel 2.6.8-2-k7 (stock kernel, it's probably 2.6.8.1 with Debian patches)
> NVIDIA driver 1.0-7174
> ivtv-0.2.0-rc3j
> lirc-0.7.1
> mythtv-0.18

I'm not positive about what is indicated by the log records, but I've
seen these symptoms (slow seek, timer "countup" when doing so) when my
commflag markup table was messed up.

Least invasively, try:

	% mythcommflag --rebuild

Then try watching something and seeking around. If that doesn't work,
you could try repairing your database (read the whole thing and note
the notes about backing up your database, shutting down mysql, etc.):

	http://builder.com.com/5100-6375_14-5193721.html

Then restart mysql and run mythcommflag as above.

--Rob