[mythtv-users] can't enter edit mode

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 12 13:10:48 UTC 2005

Eugene wrote:

> I am having a really bizzarre problem with mythtv. When I watch a
> recording and try to enter the edit mode by pressing e, nothing
> happens. Nothing. This used to work perfectly.
> Also, (this may be related) when I use a 30 sec skip or 10 min jump,
> it scrolls very very slow. You can actually see it count up the timer.
> Again, this used to work -- previously it would jump to the new
> position immediately.
> I thought I broke something, so I reinstalled the OS, drivers, and
> mythtv, but the problem persists. I've attached the console output
> from mythfrontend while doing the following:

This is sounding very much like a problem I had on my (now rebuilt)
MythTV box.  The cause was a corruption of one of the database tables.
Try running mysqlcheck mythconverg (assuming mythconverg is your
database name of course)

This problem was recoverable by rebuilding the table in question - which
was the commercial flag table.  I don't remember the name of this table
and I'm currently rebuilding my Myth box, so I don't have anything to
refer to at the moment.  (the reason for the rebuild was the cause of
the problem in my case - bad memory which caused some nasty crashes -
the last of which was pretty much fatal, although it took me this long
to work out it was the memory at fault, not the hard drive)