[mythtv-users] splitting audio & video for DVD

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Jun 12 13:57:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 06:58 +0100, Nick wrote:

> Are you automatically transcoding your recordings (if recording with
> an MPEG2 capture card) or recording directly into MPEG4 (if using a
> framebuffer card)?

To be honest, I'm not at all sure what format the pcHDTV-3000 captures
in; I am still learning the lower-level technical stuff. I did have
automatic transcoding turned on, because without it, a single 3+ hour
City Council meeting took up half of my 70GB /video partition.
Transcoding took this down to about 8GB. I was pretty sure I had already
tried doing a recording with automatic transcoding turned off though,
but I'm going to try it again to be certain. Is there any way to examine
a .nuv file and tell if it's already been transcoded or not?

--Greg