[mythtv-users] Re: DVB, Diseqc and scan

Johan Tufberg tufberg at home.se
Sun Jun 12 18:24:25 UTC 2005

belcampo wrote:

>On Sunday 12 June 2005 14:38, you wrote:
>

>>Hello
>>Yes I've tried using the scan utility and it works. So therefore I've
>>also checked the commands sent in mythtv but I'm no expert in that area.
>>
>>The command sent for LNB 1
>>"DiSEqC 1.0 Switch - Port 0
>>DiSEqC Sending 1.0 Command: e0 10 38 f1"
>>
>>On LNB2, I get the following :
>>
>>"DiSEqC 1.0 Switch - Port 1
>>DiSEqC Sending 1.0 Command: e0 10 38 f4"
>>

>That are the correct commands as far as I know. Only one last possibility
>comes to mind, for scanning you put in a frequency and so, could it be that
>what you think is lnb1 with it's freq etc. that it first scans lnb2 and that
>on lnb2 a freq from lnb1 exists but not vice-versa ?
>
>Now I'm out of ideas
>
>Henk
>

>>Thanks for the article link but I'm not using a reiser card in my box.
>>I'm running a Mainboard with VIA chipset and the TT card is connected to
>>one of the PCI-slots.
>>
>>/Johan

Thx, for the help and the file Henk.. :-)

Ok. yes the commands seems to be correct. When looking at the
diseqc.conf from vdr and reading about the Diseqc 1.o commands the
commands sent by my myth box seems to be correct.  Hmm. You have a point
about the frequencies and a possible mixup. I have to investigate so
that the frequencies is correctly associated with the right LNB and
satellite.

Maybe it also could be that Myth does not send the right frequency, 22
khz, for selecting LNB. I'm under the impression that this freq. can be
22 khz,33 khz,44 khz  depending on which country you are in. Where do I
set this value in myth? Is this the frequency-table setting in myth-setup?!

Regards
/Johan