[mythtv-users] corrupted entries in Video Manager

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 22:41:34 UTC 2005

On 6/12/05, Edward Rosinzonsky <ed at entetel.com> wrote:
> It tries to delete them but fails.  I think the problem is that I had some
> files with extended-character names.  Is there a way to manually delete the
> entire list of videos from the database and start over?  An SQL instruction
> perhaps?

You could do it from the SQL command line if using the mythconverg database:

DELETE from `videometadata`;

Alternatively, you could use something like phpMyAdmin (which I really
recommend for editing the Myth DB easily) and then just delete those
entries causing the problems via your web browser.

HTH,
Nick