[mythtv-users] Status Request: XvMC OSD Flicker

John Freer john_freer at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 00:23:31 UTC 2005

Hey All:

I'm running an MX440 card with the 7174 drivers.  I'm really happy
with the XvMC performance with the exception of the jerkyness /
flickering that happens when any OSD stuff is on the screen.

I'm just curious if the problem has been identified and if anyone is
considering working on it.

I remember a post where DTK said that there was an issue with the
number of available buffers, but I'm not sure that's on point.

XvMC makes a huge difference for me in watching 1080i content.  I can
watch on my XP2600 with 50% free, compared to 0-5% free with no XvMC.

Thanks,
John.