[mythtv-users] MythTV and Sky

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Mon Jun 13 15:58:15 UTC 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 14:38, Peter Clarke wrote:
> > Pete, I'm using myth with Sky,
> > I'm having a few issues, and that is actually getting the program
> > information
> > into the database properly.
> > If you have any success at this, please give me a shout and tell me how
> > you
> > did it. (:
>
> Will do :-)
> Other than that, how is it working out for you?
> How do you cope with channel changing? - I am looking into this piece of
> kit for remote:
> http://www.skyeye.force9.co.uk/eyepcfaq.htm

i use a redremote (google is your friend)
it is similar to the skyeye but uses an IR sender to control the digibox
i also have a modded tivo to rf2 box which i've converted to serial and use
lirc to control that.

channel changing is easy (slow but easy)

get the program guide is just question of getting the right xmltv ids into the
database.

i posted all my config files (except for my channel list (enclosed) last week.
note that i live in ireland so the channel lineup is a tiny bit different
the channels you want are in the range 2101 to 2846.
the lineup has changed in the last few weeks, so it needs a bit of tweaking

regards
--
Simon