[mythtv-users] MythTV and Sky

Peter Clarke pete at dynotechnic.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 15:47:40 UTC 2005

> i use a redremote (google is your friend)
> it is similar to the skyeye but uses an IR sender to control the digibox
> i also have a modded tivo to rf2 box which i've converted to serial and
> use lirc to control that.

I think I've come across redremote on my Google travels :-)

> channel changing is easy (slow but easy)

I understand that this is the case regardless for liveTV (MythTV being
primarily used for PVR purposes rather than watching live telly anyway),
so that's not a major problem.

> get the program guide is just question of getting the right xmltv ids into
> the database.
> i posted all my config files (except for my channel list (enclosed) last
> week.

I'll have a look at the archives.

> note that i live in ireland so the channel lineup is a tiny bit different
> the channels you want are in the range 2101 to 2846.
> the lineup has changed in the last few weeks, so it needs a bit of
> tweaking

Thanks for the headsup - this is all theory at the moment.
I have a test front/backend in a semi-configured state at the moment, I
must say that it is rather smooth, although I have had to alter quite a
few things - using the Debian packages (not official) as per the howto on
the MythTV site DVD playback did not work (for example) - mplayer
aparently needed it's runtime parameters in a particular order! - but it's
all part of the learning experience! :-)

Cheers,

Pete.