[mythtv-users] Up and Down keys and seeking

David Kyle david.kyle at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:57:48 UTC 2005

I think the reasoning is based on how a text editor/word processor
works.  If you're in the middle of a document and you press up, then
you go the the previous line, whereas if you press left you go to the
previous character.  If you analogize going a line back to going 10
minutes (or whatever it is) back and a character to going a few
seconds back, then it makes sense.  The same analogy works for going
forward in a document vs. going forward in the recording.

At this point, I'm so used to it working like that in mythtv, that
when I use mplayer, I keep going the wrong direction.