[mythtv-users] Up and Down keys and seeking

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Mon Jun 13 18:14:41 UTC 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 01:57 pm, David Kyle wrote:
> I think the reasoning is based on how a text editor/word processor
> works.  If you're in the middle of a document and you press up, then
> you go the the previous line, whereas if you press left you go to the
> previous character.  If you analogize going a line back to going 10
> minutes (or whatever it is) back and a character to going a few
> seconds back, then it makes sense.  The same analogy works for going
> forward in a document vs. going forward in the recording.

That's exactly the reasoning.  When you read, down is forward, up is back.
It's not bound to 'Up' and 'Down', though - it's reusing the channel
up/channel down keys (which happen to be bound to the up + down arrows by
default).

They're just alternate keys, anyway - I'd think most remotes would have
dedicated seek buttons.

Isaac