[mythtv-users] Up and Down keys and seeking

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:28:02 UTC 2005

On 6/13/05, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> On Monday 13 June 2005 03:06 pm, Xiaotian Sun wrote:
> > I of course understand the reasoning, but isn't it counter-intuitive?
>
> Nope.

I'm talking about whether it is counter-intuitive to most people.
Maybe we should have a vote.

> > Though most remotes have seeking keys, they are usually not as big,
> > and not as convenient to push,  as the navigation keys, which is what
> > we're talking about here.
>
> We're not talking about the navigation keys, we're talking about the channel
> up/down keys.  'UP' has no seek action bound to it in this context, only
> 'CHANNELUP'.

I don't know about your system.  On mine, CHANNELUP is bound to UP.
And I don't know how the seeking functions are bounded, because it's
not in the setting.  But if it is bounded to CHANNELUP and
CHANNELDOWN, then I guess we users can do nothing.

> Isaac

Xiaotian