[mythtv-users] epg data and channel listing mismatch

Joe Tsai joetsai at nanocluster.net
Tue Jun 14 01:20:49 UTC 2005

hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the epg data , please help me out.

I use pcHDTV 3000 card to receive the OTA contents via DVB input from
mythtv. After finished the scan, I run mythfilldatabase to fill the
program guide. It turns out my program guide contains two listings. One
listing is associated with DVB scanning ( all labeled as unknown ) and
the other listing from mythfilldatabase ( with the correct program guide
). I cant tun to the channel that I obtained from mythfilldatabase since
it is not really corresponding to the DVB scanned frequency and I cant
use tv recording since I dont have a working program guide.

I looked into the mysql dump and found out there exists two entrys of
the same channel in channel table, take KQED as an example :

-- the one from dvb scan in mythtv --
INSERT INTO channel (chanid, channum, freqid, sourceid, callsign, name,
icon, finetune, videofilters, xmltvid, recpriority, contrast,
brightness, colour, hue, tvformat, commfree, visible, outputfilters,
useonairguide, mplexid, serviceid, atscsrcid) VALUES
(1007,'91',NULL,1,'KQED-HD','KQED-HD','none',NULL,'','',0,32768,32768,32768,32768,'Default',0,1,'',1,7,3,1);

-- the one from mythfilldatabase --
INSERT INTO channel (chanid, channum, freqid, sourceid, callsign, name,
icon, finetune, videofilters, xmltvid, recpriority, contrast,
brightness, colour, hue, tvformat, commfree, visible, outputfilters,
useonairguide, mplexid, serviceid, atscsrcid) VALUES
(1043,'9_1','30-1',1,'KQEDDT','KQEDDT
(KQED-DT)','none',NULL,'','24344',0,32768,32768,32768,32768,'Default',0,1,'',0,NULL,NULL,NULL);

I tried googling, icring, and experimenting for like 2+ weeks and still
cant find a work around to this probelm. please help me out if you can.

Thanks in advance for any help

tcube