[mythtv-users] Can't open video_settings.xml or dvd_settings.xml [0.18]

Brett May brett.may at thalesatm.com
Tue Jun 14 04:00:21 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am having a problem with my MythTV box.  When going into
settings/video settings on mythfrontend I get an error saying can't open
video_settings.xml, same problem for dvd_settings.xml, however
music_settings.xml is fine.  These three files are all in the same place
though.  This error is different from that when a theme file is missing
as it says "can't find" and this is "can't open" which seems like it can
find it but not open it.  The permissions are the same on all the files
(uog+r) so it can't be that and I am running as root anyway.

Sorry I can't be clearer as I am not at home where my box is.

Also which is the standard install directory for mythtv /usr/  or
/usr/local/  ??  It seems that different myth packages install into
different areas.  I don't think this is my problem as I copy things
missing in one directory to the other directory and vice-versa.

Cheers,
Brett

Gentoo and MythTV 0.18