[mythtv-users] Manual Edit Of cutpoints

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 04:30:36 UTC 2005

Essentially, the easiest way would be to stay in Edit mode and mark up
the whole recording.

Once you add a cut point, MythTV will skip over it. If you mark the
end of the first thing you want to keep with a "Delete after this
point" and return to play mode it will jump to the end of the
recording.

To work around this skip forward while still in Edit mode to the start
of the next thing you want to keep and insert another cutpoint, this
time a "Delete before this point" which will remove everything BEFORE
it and AFTER the previous "Delete after this point".

When editing you can change the size of the jump by arrowing up and
down, then with left and right you can jump back or forward by that
amount. It goes from frame, to 0.5 sec, 1 sec (the default), 5 sec, 20
sec, 1 minute, 5 minute, 10 minute. You'll get pretty fast after a a
few tries.

It takes me no more than 60 seconds or so to mark up the start, end
and two or three commercial breaks in a half hour show, and I anally
mark my jumps by frame when I am fine tuning the cutpoints. The 1
minute jump is probably the handiest. If you are jumping forward 1 min
at a time and go to far, arrow down to 20 seconds and jump back to
before the place you want to cut, then go to 5 or 1 seconds and jump
forward, and so on until you get the cut point where you want. It
sounds more complicated than it is in reality...

Hope this helps

Robin