[mythtv-users] epg data and channel listing mismatch

Joe Tsai joetsai at nanocluster.net
Tue Jun 14 15:17:14 UTC 2005

Thanks for your reply, Ray.

>If you look closely, you will see that the scanned channel number is
>"91" and the EPG channel number is "9_1". I think that's why
>mythfilldatabase could not associate them.

actually the channum ( in this case 91 ) can be changed during
mythtv-setup. Unofrutnately, this will not solve the problem. It still
creates an additional entry.

>Now that you have both sets of channels, I think the easiest thing to do
>is to look at all the EPG channels, and write down the XMLID for each
>one. Then, in mythtv-setup, select Channel Editor, and set the XMLID
>for each of the scanned channels. Also, change the channel number to
>match the scanned number.

I saw someone mentioned this work around once on some website. However,
I am not aware that this can solve my problem since all the XMLID value
in the mysqldump shows "". Can you point me a way to obtain the correct
XMLID?

Best regards,

tcube