[mythtv-users] Minimum memory for myth system

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 18:07:50 UTC 2005

I have a PVR350 and a pentium < 1Ghz with about 64Megs of memory
running FC3.  This is the second system that I have built and was
trying to go 'ala cheapo.  I am wondering if anyone knows what is the
recommended minimum memory configuration of a myth system.  I know
that everything seems to work until I start watching live TV, that's
when the system seems to want to randomly kill off processes and have
lots of DMA errors.  I am going to attempt to install 512Megs of
memory in tonight and see if the problem goes away.

1.  Anyone with similiar experiences?
2.  Tips to reduce memory consumption would be welcomed.