[mythtv-users] PVR 350 and MythVideo

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 19:50:43 UTC 2005

mythtv guy wrote:

>I've tried various methods of getting divx/xvid
>playback through the PVR350 tvout but none have worked
>well for me.  It sounds like you have got further than
>I did - are you using mplayer? and if so with what
>output module?
>
>thanks

Hey

This is a freshly installed box so I haven't done anything special.
Using mplayer with the alsa output, but that was only done on a whim,
and appears to make no difference.
One thing I have noticed is that on avi's with AC3 sound, there is only
a very tiny sync problem, as opposed to the 2 -3 second delay with mp3
encoded avi's.

Dunc