[mythtv-users] updated to 0.18: watching TV now only with window-border possible

Uwe Schmidt uwe.uwe at gmx.de
Tue Jun 14 20:25:55 UTC 2005

after upgrading from 0.16 to 0.18 I have the following problem:

- if I select "live TV" or try to watch a recorded file, then the "window"
(=fullscreen) which is running mythfrontend moves a few dots up, and a
window border is viewable below. In 0.16 the video was played fullscreen.
After watching TV or video, the window stays at the "moved" location.

Facts:
- window manager fvwm2
- mythtv 0.18
- lirc-0.6.6
- "play myth in a window" is not selected

I read in the archive that I'm not the only one with this problem, but
didn't find a suitable solution.
The only solution seems to be to switch to a different window manager like
ratpoison, but trying this, my remote (lirc using irxevent) doesn't work
anymore.

Any hints ?

Either to fix the "moving" fullscreen or to get ratpoison working with lirc.
(kde is no choice for me, because of ressources...)

WAF was decreased by this behaviour very much (and I want to keep myhttv as
"the" solution and not need to buy a out-of-the-box-dvb-pvr...).

TIA,

Uwe