[mythtv-users] updated to 0.18: watching TV now only with window-border possible

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:07:21 UTC 2005

On 6/14/05, Uwe Schmidt <uwe.uwe at gmx.de> wrote:
> The only solution seems to be to switch to a different window manager like
> ratpoison, but trying this, my remote (lirc using irxevent) doesn't work
> anymore.

ratpoison works fine with irxevent.  Chances are you had some sort of
auto startup stuff in fvwm that was launching it for you.

I use the following for starting my frontends:

#!/bin/sh
#
xset -dpms s off
ratpoison &
/usr/local/bin/irxevent &
/usr/local/bin/irexec &
/usr/local/bin/xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY =v 0
mythfrontend >> /var/log/mythfrontend.log 2>> /var/log/mythfrontend.error.log