[mythtv-users] PVR 350 and MythVideo

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 14 21:26:01 UTC 2005

Presumably mythvideo is configured to run mplayer ?
If so it is configured to run it with a command like

mplayer -fs
If there are any -vo options then it defines the output driver

-vo x11 uses X
-vo xv uses xv

There are a couple of attempts at mplayer drivers that use the mpeg decoder
on the 350 and these tend to lead to audio sync problems.

-vo x11 works but uses a lot of cpu and has issues with not updating the
framebuffer fast enough so you see tearing
-vo xv works quite well as long as you are using the latest xdriver & ivtv
but this code is very very new and doesn't work for everyone yet.

Running mplayer on the command line it will tell you which driver it is
actually using if left to its own devices to work it out.

John