[mythtv-users] Re: MySQL errors

ian swanson swansian at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jun 15 00:04:37 UTC 2005

How can I get the MySQL database to run... I can't get to the database setup screen. When I 'mysql -u root mysql' , i get the error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2). If I type mythtv at the commandline, It mearly says New DB connection, total :1. I followed the guide on http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#mysql , but it gave me the above errors. Also, is there a way to bypass the database and just watch tv? ... Thanks... Ian