[mythtv-users] Help needed - initial setup questions RE: SA3250 and firewire

Joe Schmoe non_secure at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 01:36:14 UTC 2005

--- Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/14/05, Joe Schmoe <non_secure at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > 4. Since I will not be using my mythTV system to
> watch
> > video or playback in any way, is there any
> drawback to
> > running mythTV on this system under freeBSD ?  I
> > figure since file I/O is essentially all I am
> doing,
> > that there wont be any drawbacks or loss of
> > functionality by using freebsd instead of linux.
>
> What exactly will you be doing with your myth box
> then?

I will be capturing and recording TV.  It will all be
saved on a network file server, and I will watch it
with thin clients at each TV (namely, Xboxes running
xbox media center).

There is no reason for me to do anything at the myth
box than spool video input to disk.  Easy.

So ... I notice that after posting this group of
questions twice in two days, nobody still has even
attempted to answer them ... are these really hard
questions or something ?