[mythtv-users] Hi all - Newbie with a couple of questions

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:00:26 UTC 2005

> MythTV doesn't take anything away, but if you want to keep what you've
> already got you'll need to split the analog input (aerial lead) so
> that you can feed it into your DVB card,  and you'll need a spare
> input to your TV, to connect the Myth box to.
>
> You'll probably use a cable that merges the TV Out of your graphics
> card, and the line out of your audio card into a SCART connector
> (either composite or S-Video)  That's how my setup works in the UK.

We don't really have SCART here down under. What normally happens is
you get a video card that supports TV-Out via S-Video and connect
MythTV to the TV using that.

There's an email from the other day which had a similar setup to you
except it used satellite. It had a diagram - see it at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/135291?search_string=How%20do%20you%20connect%20your%20mythtv%20to%20the%20tv%3F%20;#135291

Regards,
Phill