[mythtv-users] updated to 0.18: watching TV now only with window-border possible

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:21:58 UTC 2005

> ratpoison works fine with irxevent.  Chances are you had some sort of
> auto startup stuff in fvwm that was launching it for you.

I agree with that. I use ratpoison and my IR remote works just fine.
As Donovan said, you probably need to make sure you're starting up
irexec properly. Mine starts up in my /home/mythtv/.xsession file,
just before it starts up ratpoison. My .xsession looks like this:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset s noblank
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset s off
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -dpms s off
### Only start irexec if there isn't one already running.
IREXECSTS=`ps -e | grep irexec | grep -v grep | wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`
if [ $IREXECSTS -eq 0 ]
then
   irexec --daemon /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
fi
exec /usr/bin/ratpoison

(Mythfrontend then gets started in .ratpoisonrc).

Regards,
Phill