[mythtv-users] Re: Playback vid corruption with HD NBC (1080i oramd64 related?)

Ian Trider iantri at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:03:48 UTC 2005

> Some people have run into issues with their cards generating a slight
> inverse ghosted image off to the right of the main picture, myself
> included. The recommended fix, which appears to be working for me, is
> to set the DNR mode to 0 (mine was initially set to 3), like this:
> # /usr/bin/ivtvctl -c dnr_mode=0
>
> Also make sure that the values for DNR temporal and spatial filters are
> set to 0, for best results:
> # /usr/bin/ivtvctl -c dnr_temporal=0
> # /usr/bin/ivtvctl -c dnr_spatial=0 However, it seems to be pvr350
> output related. I don't have a pvr 350 in here. I am using a 350 for
> recording in a different backend, but I see this effect on low-def
> stuff recorded both with the pvr, and the low-def DTV signal I get from
> my CBS affiliate. Quoting Todd Bailey <toddb at toddbailey.net>:

That stuff relates to the capture functions common to both PVR-250 and
PVR-350 -- it has the internal capacity to do simple spatial/temporal
filtering, but this shouldn't cause the effect described.  (Especially
if it appears only on the amd64 machine -- same recorded video?)

Is the video card different between your x86 and amd64 machines?
Because, I'm really having a hard time seeing that the result of the
deinterlace could be different between processor architetures..
probably just coincidence?

--
Ian Trider
iantri at gmail.com