[mythtv-users] Screen capture?

Les Gondor les at totalgraphix.ca
Wed Jun 15 16:51:57 UTC 2005

Mythtvburndvd uses transcode to capture thumbnails and generate animated
menus from arbitrary points in the recording, perhaps that would be
sufficient? Although this is dependent on the availability of the video
file (recording or live tv ringbuffer), so this is still not a
screenshot. Maybe xwd or some other command line snapshot tool triggered
by irexec at the frontend will do what you want.

The way I would do this would be to use the bookmark saved position as
an argument to transcode, run from a script invoked through irexec. The
trick here would be how to get the name of the file currently playing on
the frontend and deciding where to save the resulting snapshot.