[mythtv-users] [OT] DVB-S cards support and performance.

Johan Reinalda johan at global.thunderbird.edu
Wed Jun 15 17:23:11 UTC 2005

Yes, I know this is OT, and yes, I have check the linuxtv cvs for these
specific cards (at
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/dvb-kernel/linux/Documentation/dvb/cards.txt)

But since there are a number of DVB users here, I thought I'd pop the
question.

Does anyone know if the following recent cards are working with current dvb
drivers:
-the new Twinhan 102G DVB-S card (this seems to be a newer version of the
popular 1020; available for a bargain on ebay at the moment)

-the Skystar 2 rev. 2.6D DVB-S card (only revs up to 2.6C are listed)

I want to replace my FTA receiver hooked up to PVR-150 with a card to save
another component in my rack.

On these budget cards, what kind of cpu utilization can you expect (I
understand that all the mgep2 PID demuxing is done in software, instead of
hw as on the Nova etc. cards.)
Specifically, how about this on an AMD64, running native 64 bits FC3,
running 1GHz (cool'n quiet mode) ?  (My pvr-150 takes about 4-5% when
recording)

TIA,

Johan