[mythtv-users] master backend without capture card

Calvin Leung cleung at sonic.net
Wed Jun 15 18:47:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

Is that possible to setup a master backend without capture card?  Is
that allowed?

The reason is that I don't want to turn on the machine which has capture
card all the time.  But I do have gateway/mail server which is up 24x7.
I want master backend to wake up the slave backend when it need to be
schedule.

I have tried the WOL technique suggested from the doc but it doesn't
give me a 24/7 mythweb running such that I can remotely schedule something.

Any suggestion are welcome.

-Calvin