[mythtv-users] Mythtv setup total failure - how to start over?

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Wed Jun 15 21:16:08 UTC 2005

Wilson's guide doesn't cover uninstalling at all.
has many areas where user's have to guess what step need to be taken or
skipped.
but it's better that nothing

Nor did it cover enough configuration aspects,  however dropping the
database and recreating got be back to a point where I could reconfigure.
also apt-get uninstall mythtv-suite doesn't uninstall/delete the packages or
folders / code/ files etc either.

eventually I got to a situation where I have to reformat and reinstall the
os.  The brute force method works well,  just like my old windows days
knoppix myth was a waste of time as well, square peg-round hole situation