[mythtv-users] HD Recordings cut short

Mike Hoare m.hoare at uq.edu.au
Wed Jun 15 23:43:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am having a consistent problem with recording HD content via DVB-T.
Although everything seems to go well, the recordings are cut short -
often a 1hr recording results in 1/2 hr recorded.  If I play the
recording and skip ahead the osd shows the length of the recording as
would be expected (ie approx 60 mins) yet playback will reach around the
30min mark and just quit.  Simmilarly the 'watch recordings' section of
mythfrontend will show 7:30-8:30 was recorded but playback shows
different.  SD recordings do not appear to have this problem and I will
end up with the full hour recorded.

I have set a 20G live tv buffer and there is 60G spare space for
recordings.  This problem occurs even though there is no other use of
the computer at the time.

I would assume that if I set it to record between 7:30 and 8:30 that is
exactly what would happen - have I missed something?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike